All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Janish goes jard


(photo by Paat Kelly)

Paul Janish had a good day at the office last night. He went 2 for 5 with a home run, his first of the season (not counting spring training). Off a righty, no less.

Gameday says it was to left, but the Sky Sox Twitter feed and the game wrapup says it was to right.

I will be very surprised if he really homered to right. I don't think I've ever seen him hit a home run to right. It's usually to left. Maybe to center once or twice. But oppo? (I am on the road this week, and didn't get to watch this game. I'll watch it when I get a chance.)

Rockies third baseman Nolan Arenado broke a finger last night. He'll be out for at 4-6 weeks...at best. Josh Rutledge was removed from the Sky Sox inning on the bottom of the third, so I knew he was being called up to replace Arenado.

Janish hasn't been playing much for the Sky Sox. I wondered if he might have some kind of minor injury, but it's probably just that they had too many infielders once Rutledge was sent down. Janish has a July 1 opt-out, and they may be preparing to carry on without him.

It's clear (and has been since the end of spring training) that the Rockies view Janish as a "break glass in case of emergency" insurance player. Hopefully he'll be able to find a better opportunity elsewhere.

UPDATE: Janish's home run was to left. Pulled a high fastball.

Labels:

posted by BubbaFan, 4:29 PM

1 Comments:


I always enjoy your posts. Was wondering if you followed Brock Holt at all.
commented by Anonymous RM, May 25, 2014 2:58 AM  

Add a comment