All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Ghost Janish


Photo by Pouya Dianat

The Braves team photographer, Pouya Dianat, took some photos of the Braves using a camera modified to take infrared photos. There’s a slideshow at the NY Times site here.

I love the photo above. (That's Paul Janish in front.) It has that eerie feel that IR photos often have. Sort of a Field of Dreams vibe.

I'm a fan of infrared photography. I even have a camera converted to IR. (But it's just a cheap point and shoot, not a DSLR like Mr. Dianat's.) I've used it mostly for landscape shots. The characteristics of an infrared photo - white foliage, black sky, no atmospheric haze - tend to be more evident in landscape shots. Never really thought about photographing baseball players in IR (though I have taken some IR photos of baseball stadiums). I might have to give it a shot sometime.

Labels: ,

posted by BubbaFan, 7:35 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment