All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Monday, February 20, 2012

Spring is here...


Pitchers and catchers have reported for most teams. Position players don't have to report until next week, but Paul Janish is already in Goodyear.

Anthony Rendon has reported already for the Nationals. He'll likely end up in A-ball, but he's okay with that.

Rendon may be part of major league camp, a designation he earned only by signing a major league contract out of the draft last year. But he knows he will begin his first professional season in the minors, perhaps Class A Potomac. His outlook could not be more different than the Nationals’ first pick in last year’s camp, Bryce Harper. Rendon’s primary goal this spring is to learn. His second is not to stand out.

“I feel like I’m a freshman back at Rice,” Rendon said. “I’m just going to be like a fly on the wall, see what everybody else does, see what I’m supposed to do, what I’m not supposed to do. I just want to be a fly on the wall, try to learn all these new ways.

“I’m more reserved. There’s a really high chance I’m not going to make this team. I’m not like, ‘Oh, yeah, I’m shooting to try to go straight to the bigs.’ I’m going to take my time and try to get used to this lifestyle.”

Speaking of Rice...I didn't get to the alumni game this year (had another commitment for that weekend). Just as well I guess, since the game was rained out. Sounds like the fans who showed up had fun anyway.

Labels: ,

posted by BubbaFan, 9:00 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment