All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Sunday, January 01, 2012

I can't watch


So, the Cowboys and the Giants are playing tonight. Winner take all. I had a bad feeling about this game, and so far, it's even worse than I feared.

The Cowboys are killing me this year. So many games going down to the last second. The last-minute wins are exhilarating, but I'm not sure they make up for the heartbreaking losses.

Tonight, the Cowboys just look completely out of their depth. Dumb mistakes, bad luck, and just being outplayed. I am really tempted to just turn it off and not watch the carnage. Of course, I'll kick myself if the Cowboys somehow manage a win.

I find it a lot easier to watch a baseball game in which my team is being killed than a football game. I guess because baseball is such an individual sport. Even if the team is losing 20-0, some individual players will be playing well. A nice at-bat, a good play on defense. Football is so much more a team sport. When the team is not doing well, the individual players aren't, either. Or at least it's hard to pick out good performances.

Ugh, sports. Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through this.

Labels:

posted by BubbaFan, 9:38 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment