All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Saturday, May 07, 2011

Reds running short of infielders


Paul Janish twisted his ankle running to third base yesterday. It looked bad. Really, really bad. He crawled back to third base on hands and knees, clutching his right ankle.

I was very surprised he stayed in the game after that, because, well, it looked so bad. But he did stay in the game and was running okay. I did wonder if his ankle would be worse the next day, though, and apparently, it was.

“It’s a standard issue ankle sprain,” Janish said. “It’s so tender right now that if I try to get up on my toe I can’t. I’ll give it a couple of days.”

Janish was able to finish the game.

“It got worse as the game went on,” Janish said. “They wrapped up to keep the swelling down after the game. I woke up in the middle of the night and it was like it had heartbeat.”

Scott Rolen and Juan Francisco are already on the DL. Miguel Cairo is not on the DL, but his knee is sore and he hasn't been playing. Dusty Baker says they aren't planning to make a move, though. Chris Valaika will play 3B today, and Edgar Renteria will play shortstop. Cairo says he can play if needed. They're hoping Janish will be good to go soon. If not, Todd Frazier and Kris Negron await in Louisville.

Labels:

posted by BubbaFan, 1:21 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment