All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Farewell to Yankee Stadium


The old Yankee Stadium, that is. The one that will always be the "real" Yankee Stadium in my heart.

CNN's iReport has some photos of the demolition.

'Most people are really saddened by this. It looks like the death & destruction of a close friend. It looks wrong. Yesterday a postal driver stopped me & said "it's sad isn't it"? I could only nod & say "yes, too sad". That's the way most New Yorkers feel.'

I have to say, I'm a bit envious of Red Sox fans, who managed to block plans to demolish Fenway and build a new ballpark.

Also, I've been meaning to post this ode to the old stadium. A very sweet tribute, that even mentions Bubba Crosby and Andy Phillips.

This site is documenting the demolition of Yankee Stadium with daily photos.

posted by BubbaFan, 11:14 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment