All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Deflated and Defeated


Where's Roger Staubach when you need him?

What a nightmare for Dallas fans. This game seemed paradoxically both one that the Cowboys could have won, and one where they never had a chance. It was not fun for Dallas fans at all.

The worst thing is that for the first time in years, I got my hopes up. I should have known better. Even when the Cowboys were rolling in the previous weeks, I saw signs of trouble. Big mistakes that their opponents failed to capitalize on. Mistakes a really good team would not make. But the talking heads were all saying the Cowboys were peaking at the right time, the cream of the NFC. I started to believe it.

Poor Tony Romo is doubtless going to get a lot of the blame. "Can't win the big ones," etc. He did turn the ball over, just like in the bad old days. But I can't really blame him this time. They couldn't protect him. He was running for his life most of the game.

Sports. It'll break your heart every time.

posted by BubbaFan, 9:13 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment