All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Long December


They showed a music video during the Cowboys game - Tony Romo's travails set to the Counting Crows song "A Long December." The Cowboys have not played well in December in recent years. In fact, they were starting to remind me of the old Jets.

But this year, it's different. The Cowboys are playing well...sort of. Some of the talking heads are saying the 'Boys are peaking at the right time. I'm not so sure. They're playing better than I expected, but they're also making some bonehead blunders. I'm still not sure this is a playoff team.

I do think Romo is playing smarter, though. I can understand making mistakes, but players who don't learn from their mistakes drive me batty. Looks like Romo is not one of those.

Came across this link today. It's about an auction by Lenny Dysktra's pawnbroker. Dykstra had been having financial problems, and had to declare bankruptcy. Apparently, he pawned a lot of his baseball memorabilia, and when he couldn't repay the loan, it was sold at auction. There are photos here: his World Series ring and trophy, his Game 3 game-winning home run ball, his All-Star rings, and more. Wow, that's really sad.

Labels:

posted by BubbaFan, 10:48 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment