All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Red skies at night, Yankees' delight



No, I didn't take this photo of last night's vivid sunset over Bailout Ballpark. I wish I did, but the photographer is Reuters' Shannon Stapleton. Awesome photo, man.

The Mets looked more like the Bad News Bears last night. Ridiculous errors. The Yanks did hit well. Especially Brett Gardner, who was 5 for 6 with a home run and a triple. (He'd have had a cycle if Sabathia weren't clogging up the bases in front of him for one of his singles.) His OPB is an insane .479 for June (and .417 for May). I doubt he can maintain that production; I doubt anyone can. But it's fun to watch while it lasts.

Andy Phillips issued a statement about his new job:

"I'm really looking forward to playing for a team that has a long history in such a great country," Phillips said on the team's official Web site. "I'll do every thing I can to help the team win a championship."

The Carp have an American manager: Marty Brown. Brown is from Oklahoma - where Andy is living (or was - his family will be moving to Japan with him). So he'll have someone to show him the ropes.

Labels:

posted by BubbaFan, 5:25 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment