All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Friday, May 22, 2009

Freshman setting Rice records


Rice U. freshman Anthony Rendon is Conference USA player of the year.

Rendon makes C-USA history

The standout from Lamar has played well all season for the No. 11 Owls. He leads the conference in slugging percentage (.701) and ranks second in batting average (.383), while also placing second in the league with 17 home runs, a Rice freshman record.

Aaron Luna (2006) previously held the school’s freshman home run record with 16. Jose Cruz Jr. (1993) is third with 13, and Bubba Crosby (1996) fourth with 12.

“I feel honored to be mentioned in the same sentence as them,” Rendon said. “I didn’t think I’d hit as many home runs as I have."

I didn't know Bubba hit that well as a freshman. And I'm kind of surprised Lance Berkman isn't on that list.

posted by BubbaFan, 11:20 AM

0 Comments:


Add a comment