All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Friday, April 03, 2009

Midnight Blue


The Yankees played their first game in their new stadium tonight - an exhibition game against the Cubs. It aired on TV, so I got my first real look at the new digs.

I got a decidedly Twilight Zone kind of feeling. It looks so much like the old stadium, that it's disorienting when you notice the things that are different. What I found most jarring was the change in color, from bright royal blue to dark midnight blue. The seats, the fences, etc. I can understand that; the Yankees' uniform color is navy blue - a blue so dark it's almost black. But I think the old, royal blue looked better on TV. All that darkness looks dreary on TV. Though maybe it will look better in daylight.

Or maybe I'm just used those royal blue walls, that Bubba threw himself against so often.


posted by BubbaFan, 10:27 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment