All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Long day at the office


Andy Phillips worked overtime this Easter Sunday. The Toledo-Indianapolis game went 14 innings. And Andy stayed in for the whole game.

He played 2B, and was moved up to the fifth spot in the order. He went 2 for 4 with a walk and 1 RBI.

Unfortunately, my plan to go see Andy play in Syracuse has been foiled. I checked the usual travel sites, and there were no deals to be had in Syracuse that weekend. Hotel rooms were available, but only really expensive ones. I figured something had to be going on; Syracuse is not exactly Acapulco.

Turns out, that weekend is when Syracuse University has its commencement. The weekend before and the weekend after, there are plenty of hotel rooms for a third of the graduation weekend price - or less. Just my luck that of all the weekends Indianapolis could be in Syracuse, it would be that one.

I guess I'll visit Syracuse some other time, and catch Andy in Scranton, if he hasn't been called up by June.

Labels:

posted by BubbaFan, 7:09 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment