All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Andy to take BP today


Andy Phillips has been on the shelf since March 7, due to lower back stiffness. However, he will be allowed to take batting practice before the game today. Not sure if that means he will play today. I hope so; I'll be at the game. If not, maybe he'll play tomorrow. I hope to be at that game, too.

Yes, I'm on vacation in Florida. Still haven't been to any Yankee games, and I'm not sure I will go to any. Yankees spring training games are an awful lot like regular season games as far as traffic, prices, security, etc. The whole point of spring training is that it's laid back, with lots of access to the players.

Here are a few photos I've taken at the games I've been to so far.


Former Yankee Nick Green at bat.


Green hit a triple off Reds closer Francisco Cordero.

The pride of Rice University, Paul Janish.


Janish works a walk.



Janish at first base.


Janish tries to go first to third on an Adam Rosales single.


He's out!



Former Yankee Morgan Ensberg sliding into 3B. Safe!



Former Yankee prospect Dioner Navarro, now the Rays' catcher.

Hopefully I'll be able to get some photos of Andy Phillips today. I'll try to get there early to at least see him take BP.

Labels:

posted by BubbaFan, 8:21 AM

0 Comments:


Add a comment