All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow




Well, we won't have Chris Britton to kick around any more. He signed with the Padres after the Yanks non-tendered him.

The Yankees didn't seem to like Britton very much for some reason. They just never gave him much of a shot. Basically, they called him up when they were absolutely desperate, and sent him down as soon as possible, even though he pitched really well. I figured someone would jump at the chance to sign him.

Meanwhile, we got socked with snow all weekend. Pity the poor stores that were hoping for a big weekend. The weekend before Christmas is the second biggest weekend for holiday shopping, after Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe the biggest, period. But in much of the country, people holed up at home, unwilling to venture forth into the snow. I suspect this has killed any hope of a good holiday season for retailers.

I did not even go grocery shopping this weekend. The weather was just too awful. The snow finally started tapering off this afternoon, and I went out to look around a bit. On foot, because I was too lazy to dig out my car.

Snow on the red berries of my neighbor's hedge.


Tables and benches at the local park give you an idea of just how much snow fell.


My neighbor's wreath, covered with snow:


I will have to dig out the car and go grocery shopping tomorrow, or it will be Spam and ramen for Christmas dinner.

posted by BubbaFan, 7:26 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment