All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Power Outage


No, I'm not talking about the Yankees' offense. I mean a literal power outage. Some of you may have noticed that Bubba-Crosby.com has been offline since yesterday afternoon. It's because of a transformer fire and explosion that cut power to the data center that hosts the site. The data is safe (and I have backups, anyway). There are backup generators for the servers, but the fire department won't allow them to be turned on yet, for safety reasons.

Not sure when the site will be back, but it should be soon. They thought it might be this afternoon, but so far, no dice. There are more than seven thousand people affected by this power outage, so I'm sure they're doing their best to get it fixed.

Andy Phillips made a brief appearance as a pinch-hitter for the Reds today. He reached on an error and eventually came around to score. (He's been pretty productive for a guy with a .000 batting average.)

Jay Bruce hit another homer; he's been positively inhuman at the plate. And word is that Homer Bailey will be called up to start on Thursday. Things are really looking up for the Reds, now that they've cut some dead wood from the roster.

posted by BubbaFan, 8:35 PM

2 Comments:


Until yesterday I hadn't visited the site in a couple weeks. I was scared when I found the site down. I've lost so many of my favorite sites over the years you know. I actually checked elsewhere to look for Bubba updates. Breathing so much easier now.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, June 02, 2008 10:19 PM  
I just wish there was some news to report. :-/
commented by Blogger BubbaFan, June 03, 2008 7:06 AM  

Add a comment