All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Thursday Tidbits


The first part of the Andy Phillips interview was cut off in the archived game, but I got most of it. I also grabbed the Paul Janish interview from April 28 while I was at it.

Andy Phillips, May 8, 2008 (490k)

Paul Janish, April 28, 2008 (700k)

Janish says winning the national championship with Rice was the most fun he ever had in baseball.

Andy admitted that he loves The Andy Griffith Show. To the point that he can recite all the lines, and his wife sometimes won’t let him watch it. The other guys in the clubhouse like Seinfeld, but he likes The Andy Griffith Show. Good grief. He wasn’t even born when that show was made.

(And for the record...Bubba likes Friends.)

Me, I don't watch much TV, and I never watch sitcoms. Like Todd Coffey, I like Star Trek. But even there, I'm kind of weird. I don't like TNG or DS9, like normal people. I like TOS and VOY. (I don't think anyone likes Enterprise.)

I went to a really geeky engineering school. Within hours of showing up, some guy tried to pick me up by inviting me to a Star Trek party. LOL! A bunch of students used to gather in the student union to watch Star Trek on the big screen TV. One day the maintenance guy turned off the sound as a prank. Nobody noticed until the commercial break, because everyone there was reciting the lines in chorus...including the music and sound effects.

Oh, I found out what happened to Colter Bean, who was cut by the Braves' Triple-A team last month. He is now playing for the Olmecas de Tabasco of the Mexican League.

Wonder if Bubba would consider playing in another country, or in the independent leagues?

posted by BubbaFan, 7:32 AM

0 Comments:


Add a comment