All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Monday, February 11, 2008

The waiting is the hardest part


Doug Mientkiewicz has found a home. The Pirates signed him to a minor league deal.

Baseball America's weekly minor league transaction report is out, and Bubba's not listed on it. Not that I was really expecting it; I think he's a big enough name that it would have made the news if he had signed anywhere last week. Nary a word about Kevin Reese, either.

I think it's more a reflection of the market than anything else. Craig Wilson was in much the same boat as Bubba. He's the same age, and had shoulder surgery that kept him out all season last year. Only he has a lot more big league experience. And still...he just got a deal a few days ago.

There's still plenty of time; players are signed even during spring training. But I have to say, I never expected Bubba to still be in limbo the week of Valentine's Day.

Maybe I should have quoted Guns N' Roses instead of Tom Petty: "All we need is just a little patience..."

posted by BubbaFan, 6:39 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment