All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Oil's Well That Ends Well


You know, I can remember when "peak oil" was a fringe topic, if not outright flaky. No more. It's mainstream.

I realized that tonight, when I was watching a football game, and a peak oil discussion broke out. Seriously. ABC's Saturday night college football game, Kansas at Oklahoma St., featured an interview with Texas oilman T. Boone Pickens. Pickens funded Oklahoma State's new stadium, so I figured that's all they were going to talk about.

But out of the blue, Brent Musburger asks him, "Are we at peak oil?" And they go on to have a pretty in-depth discussion about global oil production. I guess oil nearing $100 a barrel makes peak oil a lot more credible. I couldn't believe they were discussing this during a football game.

Many moons ago, Pickens had a basketball scholarship to Texas A&M, but lost it, and transferred to Oklahoma State. Pickens is now one of the richest men in the world, and apparently quite generous to his alma mater. I bet Texas A&M is sorry they took away his scholarship now.

posted by BubbaFan, 12:17 AM

1 Comments:


this is cool...
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20071109/NEWS/71109024/1015/NEWS
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, November 11, 2007 5:10 AM  

Add a comment