All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Friday, November 23, 2007

Arooooooooooooowwww!



No, I didn't hit the malls today. I was at work. (I'm such a nerd.) I got out a little late, and the moon was rising. Arrooooo! The full moon is technically tomorrow night, but it looked close enough tonight. It always looks so huge when it's close to the horizon.

How 'bout them Cowboys?

Thanksgiving dinner always tastes better when the Cowboys win. They played the Jets yesterday, so there was a lot on the line. No, not for the Cowboys. For me. I wouldn't be able to hold my head up around here if the Cowboys lost.

Luckily, they made it a nice and relaxing holiday for me. They jumped out to an early lead, and won it easily. What a bummer that next week's Packers-Cowboys game won't be seen by most of the country. Stupid NFL Network. There ought to be a law.

The Packers are my dad's favorite team. I was always a Cowboys fan, so Cowboys-Packers is huge in my family. Yankees-Red Sox pales in comparison. ;-) I can't believe I won't be able to see the game. They are the two best teams in the NFC; this could be the Super Bowl at state. And only the handful of fans who get the NFL Network get to watch it. It ain't right.

It snowed during the game. Being the house with the hole in the roof (so god can watch the Cowboys play, or so the legend goes), you could actually see the snow falling during the game. It was very pretty, didn't accumulate (and didn't seem to bother Tony Romo at all).

But it still hasn't snowed up here in my part of NY. Who'd have thunk Texas would see snow before NY?

Gig 'em, Ags

I got home tonight in time to catch the end of the Texas-Texas A&M game. The Aggies looked like they were going to win it in a blowout for awhile there, but the Longhorns made it surprisingly close. Texas quarterback Colt McCoy scrambled for two fourth down first downs, and brought his team within a touchdown...but the kicker missed the extra point. Unreal. They tried an onside kick, but the Aggies recovered, and got a first down, allowing them to run out the clock. Final score: Aggies 38, Longhorns 30. What an upset...for the second year in a row. The loss likely killed the Longhorns' chances for the conference title game, or a BCS game.

Good-bye to Texas University!
So long to the Orange and White.
Good luck to the dear old Texas Aggies,
They are the boys who show the real old fight.
The eyes of Texas are upon you
That is the song they know so well (sounds like hell!)
So, good-bye to Texas University..
.

Labels:

posted by BubbaFan, 7:20 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment