All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Things you find on eBay...


Came across this item on eBay tonight. It's a baseball signed by Bubba. There are a ton of those on eBay, but this one has an interesting inscription: "I NY," which I don't think I've seen on one of his autographs before.

Perhaps he signed it that way because it was to raise money for a scholarship in memory of Gary Stymiloski, a New York police officer who died in the line of duty.

It was a rather bizarre case. Mr. Stymiloski was apparently murdered by a serial killer. A really nutty, Ed Gein/Hannibal Lector-type serial killer. Among other things, he used the scalp of one his victims as a wig, dressed as a woman, and tried to abduct a little girl.

Anyways, I'm not really much of a collector, but I might put a bid in on this item, if no one else does. It's for such a worthy cause.

And if you're wondering how the auction for that Bubba Crosby Dodgers jersey went, someone bought it for $149.99 plus $15 shipping.

posted by BubbaFan, 7:34 PM

2 Comments:


Did you see that the Yanks got rid of Basak?
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, August 16, 2007 10:29 PM  
I saw the Twinkies claimed Basak off waivers. I'm sure the Yanks would have preferred to keep him.

And Cairo was released. I guess he didn't want to go to the minors.
commented by Blogger BubbaFan, August 16, 2007 11:45 PM  

Add a comment