All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Monday, May 07, 2007

Incoming!


There's a Rocket headed this way. I was watching the game on TV yesterday when they announced it. It was a total surprise. YES was caught flatfooted. They had gone to a commercial break, and had to rush back. ESPN was even more worse. Several minutes after everyone online was talking about it, ESPN still didn't have a clue.

I'm not a big fan of Clemens, but heaven knows, the Yanks desperately need a power pitcher.

And Saturday, Wang came within 5 outs of a perfect game. Alas, it was not to be. He gave up a home run, destroying the perfect game, the no-hitter, and the shutout.

I thought the pressure was getting to Wang, but maybe he was just tired. After the game, he said he didn't even know he had a perfect game into the 8th. He was wondering why no one was talking to him!

That's just hilarious, and so much like him. He's so cute. I can just imagine him wondering, "Why is everyone avoiding me? Did I forget the deodorant this morning?" I think Wanger is my favorite Yankee, now that Bubba's no longer in pinstripes.

Labels:

posted by BubbaFan, 6:01 PM

0 Comments:


Add a comment