All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Friday, February 23, 2007

Go Fish


Bubba watches Freel bait his hook

Ryan Freel went fishing after practice today, and apparently took Bubba with him. LOL! Bubba looks like he's never been fishing before.

(And it looks like Bubba did shave for picture day.)

The Reds are considering going with only 11 pitchers, in order to carry Josh Hamilton. I guess that's good news for Bubba (and other position players trying for a spot on the roster). Not such good news for pitchers trying to crack the roster, though.

Redleg Nation has updated their organizational depth chart. They think Bubba will start in LF...for the Louisville Bats. Not sure why they have Bubba in LF and not CF. They have Hopper in CF. I haven't seen him play, but from what I've heard, he struggles to cover CF. I would think Bubba would be a better choice for center, if he does start out in Louisville.

Red Hot Mama got an e-mail from a Reds staffer, which mentioned Bubba briefly. It said he was a nice guy. (Dang. If I were a red hot mama, would I get e-mail updates from Reds staffers?)

Today was picture day. Which apparently means all the Reds put their uniforms on and run a gamut of photographers, including the baseball card photographers. So far, none of Bubba's have hit the web. But the ones of other players I've seen (not many) are kind of weird. Underlit, making the players look a bit diabolical. Maybe it's an attempt to make them look tough.

Oh, and Freel was successful:

Freel reeled one in

Nice catch. It's not as big as it looks, though. I fish myself, so I know this trick. You hold the fish out in front of you, closer to the camera, and it looks a lot bigger than it is.
posted by BubbaFan, 5:40 PM

3 Comments:


Love the pic!! LOL! The look on his face!
I can't tell if he shaved or not, tho. Looks to me like he still has some stubble. :)
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, February 24, 2007 5:17 AM  
You could be right. The picture is pretty low-res, and my monitor is not very good. I think he does look less hirsute than in the Post photo, though. Maybe just trimmed up a bit.
commented by Blogger BubbaFan, February 24, 2007 11:49 AM  
i think he did shave. got a little 5 o clock shadow maybe.

cleanshaven or stubbly, hes cute as hell :D
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, February 26, 2007 7:07 PM  

Add a comment