All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Andy cut


Not really surprising, but it's official now. Andy Phillips was reassigned to minor league camp today. It's really too bad. The guy's had the worst luck in spring training. If he hadn't been injured, he'd probably be going north with the big league club.

I don't think Andy can refuse the assignment, unless he has a special clause in his contract. He had a minor league deal, and so was not on the 40-man roster and does not have to clear waivers. He probably wouldn't want to refuse the assignment even if he could. He's not likely to find a better opportunity now.

I guess I'll be seeing Andy in June, when Indianapolis comes to Scranton, if he hasn't been called up by then.

Former Yankee Jeff Karstens won the final spot in the Bucs' rotation.

Labels:

posted by BubbaFan, 10:59 PM

2 Comments:


Bubba fan
You have a great blog here. I'm looking for someone to join our team as a writer covering the NL central or The NL east. Drop me an email and ill give you all the details. Behindthepole.rocketmail.com

Mike
commented by Anonymous Mike Rook, April 02, 2009 12:51 AM  
Hi, Mike. I'm flattered to be asked, but I'm probably over-extended as it is. I owe Red Reporter an AL East preview, like, yesterday.

Maybe someone there would be interested, though. It's a Reds blog, so there's lots of interest in the NL Central there.
commented by Blogger BubbaFan, April 02, 2009 9:52 PM  

Add a comment