All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Another Redsfest item


Once again, I've been wasting time looking at things on eBay I can't afford to buy.

Someone is selling one of Bubba's Reds spring training jerseys. It was probably bought at Redsfest, where the Reds apparently sell everything short of used bubblegum.


It's size 48. The seller notes that this jersey in particular has some wear. (I'll bet.)


It's a nice item. I really like those red spring training jerseys, and the price is decent. But I have no money right now. And probably won't until sometime after Christmas, alas.


The washing instructions crack me up:


"Line dry"? You gotta be kidding me. Who's going to line-dry a whole team's jerseys? (Picture clotheslines strung across the diamond after the game...)

The ESPN announcers, Joe Morgan and Jon Miller, talked about the Reds tonight on Sunday night baseball. They quoted what Dusty Baker said about the losing Reds team being Wayne Krivsky's team, not his.

"I have never wanted to win more than I do right here, and I will, but this is Wayne Krivsky's team, not Walt Jocketty's and not mine. I just hope there is enough out there after the season that we can get to help us."

It is a pretty obnoxious thing to say. Miller and Morgan wondered if anyone had asked Krivsky what he thought about that.

Then Miller said he ran into Krivsky last week, in Houston. Kriv-dawg was there scouting for the Mets. Trying to lure Bubba out of retirement, maybe? (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)

posted by BubbaFan, 9:51 PM

2 Comments:


Hey, thanks for the tip! I ambled over to eBay and watched it for a few days, then won the auction. Looking forward to getting the jersey in the mail - I'll try and let you know about it when it arrives! There's a fun backstory to this which I'll attempt to relate to you then. Thanks again!
commented by Blogger Don Whelan, August 25, 2008 11:36 AM  
Cool! Looking forward to hearing the story.
commented by Blogger BubbaFan, August 25, 2008 5:21 PM  

Add a comment