All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

City of Bridges




I am on the road this week. Spent today in the "City of Bridges," Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The photo is of PNC Park, from Mt. Washington.

The Bucs did play at home tonight, but I didn't get to the park to see them. I had already moved on to Ohio by game time.

The Yankees and the Bats were off yesterday. The Reds lost a heartbreaker in bottom of the ninth. Torre's Dodgers won it with a walkoff single.

Many Yankees fans are starting to miss Torre. I'm not sure he'd do any better than Girardi...but the Yankees are monumentally bad this year. I thought it was a mistake when I checked the box score and saw the score was 9-0...in only the second inning. And only one run was earned! Mussina didn't even make it out of the first inning. Sloppy defensive play by the Yankees didn't help. To top it off, Jeter was hit on the wrist by a pitch and left the game. He's day to day.

Yes, the Yanks struggled last year, too, but this year is different. Last year, it seemed like they were just unlucky. They scored a lot, but not grouped in ways that let them win. This year, they're not scoring. This is looking like it's going to be a really ugly season.

Morgan Ensberg and Shelley Duncan aren't hitting their weights and aren't bringing much to the table on defense, either. I was kind of surprised that one or both weren't gone today to make room for A-Rod. Instead, Chris Britton was optioned to Scranton.

Andy Phillips was out of the Bats lineup tonight. Just a day off, I assume. He's been playing every day since coming back from his injury, and could probably use a break.

posted by BubbaFan, 10:11 PM

2 Comments:


http://waswatching.com/2008/05/15/hank-im-going-to-clean-up-on-5-years-of-mistakes/

I figured you'd like to see this. The person claims that Bubba Crosby was one of the Yankees "mistakes" (I found the link in a google alert for Jeff Weaver, lol, speaking of actual Yankee mistakes).
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, May 22, 2008 7:15 PM  
I saw that. But Steve has actually been a Bubba Crosby supporter over the years, so I'm willing to cut him a break.
commented by Blogger BubbaFan, May 22, 2008 7:49 PM  

Add a comment