All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Finally updated


I finally updated the blog template. (Anything to avoid working on my tax returns.) Removed the Mariners links (sigh) and changed the photo. I went with a Yankees photo. I thought about using this one instead, which is less blatantly Yankee:


But I decided to go with one that looked more "baseball." At least for now.

Bubba-Crosby.com is still getting higher than usual levels of traffic. The search engine terms leading visitors to the site suggest people are trying to figure out what happened to Bubba and what he's doing. Bubba Crosby 2008, Bubba Crosby Mariners, Bubba Crosby fails physical, Bubba Crosby free agent, etc. (Though one person was apparently looking for Bubba's sister, searching for Charmin Crosby.)

And I'm getting a lot of e-mails from people asking about Bubba. Where is he, what is he doing, is he still in baseball? I assume he's at home in Houston, but other than that, I haven't a clue. If I find out anything, I'll post it.

"Matthew from NJ" posted this message in the Bubba-Crosby.com Guestbook:

I LOVE BUBBA, BRING HIM BACK TO THE BRONX!!!

Short but to the point. Warms my heart to know Bubba's fans are still rooting for him.

This article looks back on Opening Day 2007 for the IL, and has this to say about the Bats' opener last year:

Last year, Louisville defeated Toledo 5-4 in 10 innings. RHP Brad Salmon picked up the win while LHP Bobby Livingston started for the Bats and allowed four runs in 5.1 innings pitched. OF Tyrell Godwin started the 10th inning with a double to right field, reached third base on a sacrifice bunt by INF Mark Bellhorn and scored the winning run on OF Bubba Crosby's fielder's choice.

I remember that game. Bubba only played two weeks for the Bats last year, but he made a splash in that brief time. He had the play of the game three times in those two weeks.

Speaking of the Bats, Andy Phillips was 0 for 2 with an intentional walk and 1 RBI in the Bats game today. He seems to be settling in as the Bats' starting first baseman and cleanup hitter.

And I came across this article today:

And it remains to be seen if Jason Giambi can hold up at first base or Andy Phillips turns him into an expensive pinch-hitter.

Now there's a reporter who's on top of things. Apparently he hasn't noticed that Andy hasn't been a Yankee for months.

posted by BubbaFan, 9:56 PM

1 Comments:


Baseball isn't fun right now. I'll be back when Andy gets called up.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, April 07, 2008 4:27 AM  

Add a comment