All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Friday, April 11, 2008

Coach Andy



The four-game Scranton-Louisville series is done, and I went to three out of four of the games. Driving two hours each way, each day. I left directly from my office after work, and didn't get back until after midnight. (Well after midnight tonight. The game ran late.) I'm exhausted. And I'm going to NYC this weekend to see Monty Python's Spamalot! with a friend. And I have to do my taxes sometime before Tuesday, too.

But it was fun. PNC Field is a very nice ballpark.

I was disappointed Andy was out of the lineup tonight. I'm wondering if he's injured or something. He DH'ed yesterday, and was out of the lineup entirely today. That seemed a little strange, especially so early in the season.

He did spend a lot of time on the field tonight, though...as the first base coach. Minor league games are kind of laid back, and they often use players who aren't playing as first base coaches. (Scranton likes to use the starting pitcher from the previous day's game.) Andy's duties as first base coach seemed to consist of congratulating any Bats who made it to first base, and holding their batting gloves and any other gear they wanted to unload. (I thought it was weird that he had his batting gloves in his pocket when he wasn't going to be doing any batting. Then I realized they weren't his gloves.)

posted by BubbaFan, 2:00 AM

3 Comments:


nice pic

did bubba ever do the first base coach thing?
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, April 11, 2008 10:01 PM  
You know, I wondered that, too. He probably did. He traveled with the team for quite awhile after he was put on the DL last year.

BTW, the manager, Rick Sweet, is wearing Bubba's number (#16) this year.
commented by Blogger BubbaFan, April 11, 2008 10:26 PM  
Is anyone else paying attention to the video game stats Shelley Duncan's putting up in the minors?
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, April 12, 2008 10:10 PM  

Add a comment