All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Bubba signs with Mariners


It's official. Mariners sign Crosby:

Oh, yes. Our headline. It's true, the Mariners just signed Crosby. No, not Bobby Crosby. We're talking Bubba. As in Bubba Crosby. Yes, I know. Big difference. It's strictly a minor league deal, no spring camp invite. Crosby was actually an everyday major leaguer once. Played for the Yankees from 2004-2006, the D-Rays once, but was in Class AAA with the Reds last season. For 13 games, anyway.

He's still only 31 and has some speed for a guy named "Bubba". But his .553 career on-base-plus-slugging percentage doesn't hold out much hope for him ever helping the big club. Just thought I'd mention him up top because there isn't much news coming out of camp for the moment.

Grrr. I hope Bubba makes that son of a silly person eat his words.

The Mariners are in the Cactus League, holding their spring training in Phoenix. I assume their Triple-A club plays at the same complex. I'll see if I can rustle up a schedule. And he may end up playing in some of the big league games, one way or another. He did last year, with the Reds, even after he was assigned to the minors.

posted by BubbaFan, 4:32 PM

2 Comments:


see? what i did i tell you? would i lie about something as important as bubba crosby and where he's gonna be? although i'm anonymous, I'm honest. :)

i think he's gonna have a great year! i just feel it.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, February 21, 2008 6:03 PM  
Thanks, I much appreciated the tip.

I hope you're right about his having a great year, too! :-)
commented by Blogger BubbaFan, February 21, 2008 8:06 PM  

Add a comment