All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The 4th of July


flag Well, it's not exactly cookout weather around here. Just as well, I guess. With the 4th falling precisely in the middle of the week, it's not really convenient to go anywhere or plan anything major. I've got to be at work bright and early tomorrow, so I'm staying home and watching baseball today.

Someone is selling a pair of Bubba's game-used batting gloves on eBay. It says they're from his rookie year. Judging from the color, they're from his first rookie year, when he was a Dodger. (Due to the way MLB defines rookies, Bubba was rookie for about three years, I think. :-)

Happy Fourth of July, everyone. Especially Bubba, wherever you are. (Sarasota, last I heard.) It must be strange, not playing baseball on the 4th of July. Even though you're not playing today, I'm still rooting for you.

posted by BubbaFan, 1:21 PM

3 Comments:


Andy had another good day today.
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, July 05, 2007 6:22 PM  
And the Marlins called up another CF'er today.

Bubba needs to put in that trade request to Albuquerque ASAP. =)
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, July 05, 2007 6:24 PM  
Yeah, the bottom of the lineup really came through yesterday. I didn't see all the game, since it was an afternoon game and I was at work, but I caught the end. Nerve-wracking.

A lot of people were kind of surprised Bubba accepted a minor league assignment this year. They thought maybe the Reds had promised him that they would try to trade him as the season wore on. But he's not going to be traded as long as he's on the DL.
commented by Blogger BubbaFan, July 06, 2007 5:42 PM  

Add a comment