All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Game 2




Click on the image for a larger version. A much larger version.


Someone asked me if I had a larger, clearer version of the photo that's serving as the logo at the upper right. As a matter of fact, I do, and it's kind of interesting, because you can see writing on Bubba's bat. (Click on the image for a larger version. The larger image won't fit on most computer screens. To get it to display full size in Internet Explorer, hover your mouse over it until the box with arrows appears, and click on it.)

You can see the Louisville Slugger logo. Above that, it says:

GENUINE C243
BUBBA CROSBY
NEW YORK YANKEES


IIRC, the C is for Carew. This model of bat was originally made for Rod Carew.

And geez, Bubba. Would it kill ya to shave on picture day?

Some random Bubba links....

The Common Scold's final report gives Bubba some props:

And a ton of the credit goes to Melky Cabrera and Bernie Williams -- and Miguel Cairo and yes, Bubba Crosby -- who all stepped into HUGE shoes and did a magnificent job.

This kid thinks Bubba will make the roster if Bernie retires. I can't see that happening, myself.

One Nationals fan thinks it might be worth signing Bubba as a free agent.

And if Bubba does end up going to Japan, he's already got a fan there. I think.

Game 2 of the World Series tonight. Jeff Weaver vs. Kenny Rogers. Something's gotta give!

posted by BubbaFan, 7:45 PM

2 Comments:


LOL at the Japanese page!! Hope Bubba likes his song!
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, October 23, 2006 5:21 AM  
Thanks for the nice pic! He does look just a little scruffy, but I like it. I know, I know, Yankees aren't supposed to be scruffy-looking. But I think it's cute. :)
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, October 23, 2006 5:33 PM  

Add a comment