All Things Bubba

Because how can you not love a baseball player named "Bubba"?

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Back to earth


August 22, 2006: Seattle 6, N.Y. Yankees 5

Well, the Yanks fell back to earth with a thud yesterday. I can't say I'm surprised. I was pretty much expecting it, after the grueling but thrilling weekend. It's natural for them to be a bit flat after that.

Still, the game seemed winnable. Joe rather bizarrely burned Mike Myers to finish IBBing someone. I guess he wanted the runner to be on Myers' tab, rather than on Karstens'. Okay, it's a nice thought. Karstens is a rookie callup, and who knows if he'll ever get a chance to pitch in the big leagues again? But couldn't he find anyone other than Myers to throw those pitches? One of the starting pitchers, maybe? Sal Fasano? It's not like they'd actually have to pitch.

They ended up blowing the kid's win anyway. A walkoff homer went over Abreu and into the seats.

He didn't shy away from the wall as visibly as he has before, but he didn't really play it well, either. He seemed distracted. I couldn't help thinking that Bubba might have gotten that one. He'd have sped to the wall, waited for the ball, then leaped for it.

Ah, well. Extra innings would have killed me, it being on the West Coast and all.

posted by BubbaFan, 8:10 PM

2 Comments:


This is really a great site... I've been checking it everyday since I first came across it (shortly after Bubba was DFA'd). Thanks for your work and continued support for one of my favorite Yankees!
commented by Anonymous Anonymous, August 24, 2006 3:40 AM  
Thanks! Nice to hear someone's reading this. ;-)
commented by Blogger BubbaFan, August 24, 2006 8:00 PM  

Add a comment